Treating Symptoms Successfully & Effectively
Moving Forward Rehabilitation in Lady Lake, FL, has been helping Parkinson’s disease sufferers for many years. Defined as a degenerative disorder of the central nervous system, Parkinson’s disease may have a variety of symptoms associated with it.
Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease
Early symptoms may include:
- Walking/limb coordination difficulties
- Slower movements/stiffness in limbs
The symptoms that affect movement are due to the death of the cells that create dopamine.
More progressed symptoms (usually affected patients after the age of 50) may include:
- Sensory/cognitive problems
- Behavior/emotional problems
- Sleep problems
Treatments for Parkinson’s Disease
Unfortunately, there is no cure for Parkinson’s disease, but relief from some symptoms is possible with treatments. Some of these treatments include:
- Surgery – Lesional or deep brain stimulation
- Medications – such as levodopa anddopamine agonists for motor issues, and medications that alleviate sleep and emotional problems
- Diet and Rehabilitation
For more information on our treatment options for Parkinson’s Disease, contact Moving Forward Rehabilitation today at 352-751-3781.